MANGO & 4EARTH FARMS
SWEET PINEAPPLE CHUTNEY
Prep Time: 35 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes | Ready In: 3 Hours, 45 Minutes | Servings: 24
- 1 4EARTH FARMS Pineapple, peeled and diced
- 3 large mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large sweet onion, minced
- 4 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the red pepper flakes and cook until they begin to sizze, then stir in minced onion. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the onions have softened, about 20 minutes.
2. Remove the lid, increae the heat to medium, and stir in the ginger and yellow bell pepper. Cook and stir until the ginger is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in the mangoes, pineapple, brown sugar, curry powder and vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionallly.
4. Cool the chutney completely when done and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.